We are getting married in Petoskey, MI on Saturday – we chose the city since it is nearly the middle from my mom and T’s family. The venue is gorgeous and everything I ever imagined for my big day so without further ado here it is! As you walk out of the hotel, you are greeted by the fountain and some plants lining a paver walkway that leads you to the veranda.
The veranda is straight ahead. It has clear, plastic sides that come down if it is cold or rainy and heaters line the ceiling. We hope not to use them but it looks like a possibility since the weather is cooling off next week.
This is where dinner will be held. The plastic tables and chairs that are set up for everyday use will be removed for their nice dining chairs/tables. We’ll have guys circling with appetizers, while hot appetizers and the cupcake tower will be in the nook to the left of our private bar below.
Again, these tables will be removed and a tent will be where I stood to take this picture. The tent will serve as the dance area.
Chairs will be set up here for our guests for the ceremony.
And we’ll be standing here for the ceremony. We don’t need to add any decorations since Lake Michigan will be our backdrop and the garden should have some late summer/early fall flowers.
Looking back at the hotel and venue.
Our room is the lower left corner room here, so I’ll be able to walk out from my room and down the walkway to the ceremony.
We’re pretty laid back about the whole thing so some key items to note include:
- No wedding party.
- We’re getting flowers for the tables on Friday or early Saturday morning. The only flowers we ordered are white hydrangeas for my bouquet, which my mom will make for me.
- Our friend is officiating the ceremony (he was ordained online by the state of MI).
- Décor is simple since Lake Michigan and the garden are our decorations. It was important to marry along Lake Michigan (its where we got engaged) so we don’t want to take away from that.
- Everything was planned in a month! We found the venue online (well, there’s a story since we changed the venue and date after we saw the first venue), we found a local photographer to take pictures for three hours (that’s all I wanted), a quick search found a local woman to make cupcakes, and our family and friends are helping decorate (plus we are DIYing flowers, décor, etc.).
- We wanted to keep things small so we have 26 guests coming – our immediate families and our closest friends. We are serving surf and turf (filet and lobster tail) and have the top of the line bar setup so while it is small it is costly – in fact, we are spending as much on our small wedding as Todd’s sister did for her 200+ guest wedding. Insane.
- We’re heading to Maui for a week to relax and celebrate. Can’t wait!
I’ll try to post after pictures and some inspiration pics at another time. Five days to go!!!!!