Pages

Wednesday, April 5, 2006

Summer is just around the corner




As summer approaches and bonus time draws near (I'll find out about my bonus this afternoon!) I'm constantly thinking of things I want/need to do around my house with the extra money I should be getting. I've had this house for almost a year now and I haven't had to do anything cosmetic to it. But this winter beat my house so that the paint on my (once) white picket fence is peeling, the (now gray) black paint on the foundation of my house needs to be repainted, and the yard needs repairing after water spewing from the sump pump has wrecked what was once a nice, flat grassy area of my lawn.

So, my to-do list includes:

Outside
* New side door, window, and shingles for my garage
* Paint the picket fence
* Paint the foundation of the house
* Put up a fence to keep puppy out of my flower bed
* Rehang siding on garage that the recent storms ripped off

Inside
* Get basement walls inspected. Paint walls
* Re-grout bathroom floor tiles
* Add trim to baseboards in all rooms
* Once puppy is completly housebroken, get new floor in kitchen installed
* Add crownmolding to the bedrooms and dining room

4 comments:

  1. Wow you are ambitious! After you finish your list, would you like mine? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I'm assuming I'll be puppy-proofing at this point. Until she makes me mad again at which point I'll threaten to "accidentally" lose her. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a similar wish list, and every time I cross off one project, I add another. It's a vicious cycle. I hear you on the puppy proofing and waiting until no more "accidents" to get new flooring. We're doing the same thing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!