Pages

Monday, May 8, 2006

Kitchen Update

I'm supposed to be listening to a night meeting with people from Singapore and instead I'm thinking about my kitchen updates. :) I think I mentioned in a previous post that I'm going to replace the tiles in my kitchen. I finally narrowed it down to 2 choices from Home Depot (I think!). They are the same design but different colors. My kitchen has white cabinets with a black countertop so I'm trying to pick the colors that I think will go best with those(the walls - a light yellow - can always be painted another color). Which is your favorite of the two?














Choice A: Brownish tiles
Choice B: Pinkish tiles

14 comments:

  1. too much contrast with the brown, I say pink (Jocko does, too)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I say pink, I think it looks better with the black

    ReplyDelete
  3. I vote for the brown - but that may be just because they are very close to what is in the kitchen at our house now. I think both choices look really nice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My brother Bruce says brown and a coworker says pink.

    Hmm...I was leaning towards brown until Kristen mentioned that the brown stands out more but the lighter pink tiles would blend better with the cabinets. I'm still undecided! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll have to see them in person tonight. I think it's better than seeing the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think the pink goes better with the yellow walls, but the brown definitely adds more contrast and everything stands out more.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i vote for pink. i think the reason i like it better is because it seems like it belongs more. maybe because the brown stands out so much more? maybe that's a good thing.
    ummmmm... ya, i still vote for pinkish. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now that I have seen them in person, I go for brown. The picture shows it a lot darker than it really is.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm revoting for brown - it looks like a similar shade to what's in my kitchen and it is awesome at hiding dirt. I think if you paint the walls a brownish taupe then the tiles will look really good.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the input everyone! :) I think I'm leaning towards the brown since it transitions nicely from the hardwood floors in the adjacent dining room and it "goes" better with the feel of my house. Then again I'll probably change my mind tomorrow. LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!