Pages

Thursday, November 30, 2006

Maps!



I love maps. I can't get enough of them. I remember being in school and running my hands over the smooth valleys and peaks on the large topographic maps in Geography class. You can order maps like this one from REI or maps of a US city through the USGS website. (click 1:24K Topographic Maps)

I also love canvas-stretched prints. You can take a picture that you own and have it printed onto a stretched canvas at Canvas on Demand. I'm going to take one of my Italy or Switzerland pictures (or maybe do a collage) and have this done in black and white so I have a large custom print for the living room. The best part is that orders ship in 4 days!

4 comments:

  1. I'll have to check out that Canvas website. Sounds cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's awesome. i need to try that...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree maps, are so cool - they are sort of a combination of the artistic and the technical - I used to love the big fold out ones you get with National Geographic - I remember in high school I had a map of Antarctica above my bed and I would always study it as I fell asleep.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the great link for the Canvas on Demand site. What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!