Pages

Tuesday, January 8, 2008

What I've been up to

J and I are attempting to hang my automatic garage door opener. This would be much easier if, oh, my garage had a finished ceiling or drywall for walls rather than old wood and rafters for a ceiling. We've had to rig up some interesting brackets if you will to hang the stupid thing and its sensors. Two days later, it is STILL not finished. Tonight I will do the wiring. We hope to have it finished by the end of the week. Next time I will pay the $200 to have someone install the opener (and install a new outlet for it to plug into).

Besides the garage door opener, my next project is to redo the office. If you remember, I'm looking for a new "L" shaped desk. I can't find one. I can't even find one that I kind of like let alone one that I want to actually buy! I plan on also reorganizing the bookshelves and things on the wall. I have never framed my university diploma and kind of want to hang that on the wall along with some other memorabilia that is just sitting in a closet.

6 comments:

  1. Too funny...the puppy you like is an Aussie-Australian Shephard. That is what Quincy is! He is only three months old, so he doesn't have massive amounts of hair yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think there is some truth to really knowing your body and diagnosing yourself before a doctor can...
    Sorry your garage door is taking so long. At least you got some good help!
    And I totally understand about not being able to sleep well without talking to the boy you heart. I can't sleep until I get my good night hug and kiss and I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I worry constantly about skin cancer out here in the sun. I've had that strange feeling I should have some spots checked out, but everyone calls me nuts. You have convinced me! I probably won't do it right away, but the next time I'm in the doctors I'm setting up a check for skin cancer. I'm glad that you caught yours and it can be taken care of.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can get really nice frames (1/2 price) from the alumni associtation at MTU for your diploma. I got a super nice one for like $50.

    Good for you for knowing your body. I think it's a woman thing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought of you when I drove home through Berkley tonight. My boys played at Southfield Lathrup so I took 12 mile back across.... I'll be there again on Thursday when the girls play... they don't have a trainer and the school is mildly scary!

    ReplyDelete
  6. If you want advice on GPS units, I can totally be of service. I help write the specs for them. Some have the real-time traffic, some don't. Some have MSN service that can help you with lowest gas prices and stuff too. Very cool.

    Holy cute dog! i want one too.

    Glad things are still going awesomely well for you in the relationship dept. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!