Pages

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Memory Jars

I saw this idea on This Young House and decided to make my own. My collection is on the top shelf in my dining room:

Each jar contains things that are extremely important to me and are labelled (of course!). I have so many things stashed in boxes but this way I can see my momentos every day!



Jars 1-3: Left to Right:
(notice the awesome Yooper dice - each says 'Yooper' and has a graphic of the UP as the '1')

BHS 1996 - cords from graduation, graduation name card, medal from volleyball, tassel.
Lake Superior rocks - every time I go to Lake Superior I collect some rocks. These are some of my favorites and I can remember when each rock was collected.
Hawaii 1996 - part of a sarong, a bracelet I bought in Oahu, tickets from places we went


Jars 4-6: Left to Right:
Me & Papa - sand, seashells I collected over the years and a pic of my Papa and I gathering seashells
MTU 1996-2000 - my honors cords, my tassel, my AGD membership card, and the 'MTU' is from a winter hat I bought my freshman year
Switzerland and Spain 2005 - euros, a magnet I bought in Spain, and some tickets from places we went

2 comments:

  1. That's so cool. Since my parent's basement flooded we had to tear out everything. Along with everything was our trophy cabinets. That's where I kept things like you have in your jars. Now everything is in a big rubbermaid in the garage. I should do something like you so my memories stay with me and not in the basement or a rubbermaid.

    I save a lot of ticket stubs from things like DMB, my first and only Phish show, movies I went to on dates, airplane tickets... I keep all those in the box Laura Skraba made me for her initiation. It's just the right size for most of that stuff but again, I can't see it like you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw that idea - MS or AT? I liked it a lot, looks good!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!