Pages

Thursday, January 29, 2009

Cabinet makeover

Being that my kitchen lacks storage space I bought this tall cabinet from Pier 1 (back when they had their awesome 20% off coupons) for my dining room roughly two years ago to hold rarely used serving pieces and my china.



What I love: glam look of doors, matches table/chairs, ample storage
What I don't love: dark shelves

I was looking at wallpaper from Target to use for this project but then my frugal side kicked in. I decided why pay $20 when I can pay $.50 instead?!? I bought some cool wrapping paper from Cost Plus World Market instead.

The package of paper came with three patterns but once I got home I discovered that the sheets were small - one would not be large enough to cover the entire back wall of my cabinet. So I decided to use two of the papers - beige for the top and beige with a pattern for the bottom. I measured each section, cut the paper to length and attached directly to the back wall of the cabinet with repositionable double-sided tape.


Before:

After:



I'm really happy with the result and the paper goes perfectly with the rest of my decor and makes the glam glass doors look more at home.

4 comments:

  1. Very nice!!

    Where is there still a World Market open? All of them by me (Madison Heights and Sterling Heights) closed:( I LOVE that store.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks awesome! I never would have thought of doing something like that!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!