Pages

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Little Black Box

I made a big purchase tonight. While Sami loves the box...


I love the new LG 32" 1080p Flat-Panel LCD HDTV in my living room. (Ignore the old one to the right - I need to find someone to help me carry it out of the house!)

This puppy is normally $899.99 at BB but I got it for $527 at ABC Warehouse. I think they are desperate to sell televisions. :) I went in for the Samsung but when I was told that I could upgrade to the LG for only $30 I took the bait. Of course I had buyers remorse for about 30 minutes since it was such a big purchase but then when I was talking to J about it he told me that mine was way better than the original television I wanted so I was once again happy. Setting it up and seeing the nice picture helped as well.

I'm hoping Judy will take my old one otherwise I have to carry it out to the curb and hope that a sign that says "FREE" will entice someone to take it away. The only issue with the old one is that channels 2, 4, and 7 had the shadowing going on with the picture, which drove me crazy but a free tv is a free tv to a high school kid or someone who wants an extra tv for their basement.

5 comments:

  1. I have an LG too, after much research! Thanks for your kind comments today. I still haven't made it over to World Market, but I plan to maybe tomorrow to see if they have any adorable bird door mats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the new purchase!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should freecycle the old one - i love freecycle!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yes, yes, Freecycle it! We Freecycled our old tube tv, and within minutes it was gone!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did people go into your house to get your tv? I'm nervous about strangers coming in....Stranger Danger and all that. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!