- 1/2" clear flat bottomed glass marbles
- 1/2" round magnets (the thicker, stronger ones)
- silicon sealer
- Pictures cut out of magazines - I've also used craft paper and printed pics from my computer onto heavy card stock
- Gather the images you want to use with the marbles.
- Place the marble onto the image and trace around it.
- Cut the circle out with fine tipped scissors.
- (Optional) If using magazine images, glue your image to a piece of card stock since the glue can seep through your picture, making the magnet visible. I found you don't always need to do this with actual pictures or with things I printed on heavy card stock.
- Using a toothpick, spread a thin layer of glue on the magnet, and place the picture down on top of the magnet.
- Squeeze a small dollop of glue onto the middle of the picture.
- Press the marble straight down onto the picture making sure to press from the center so you get rid of any air bubbles. The glue should spread out to the edges, removing the air bubbles and any ripples on the bottom of the marble.
- If any of the pictures stick out from the edges you can trim them with scissors or just leave them.
There are a ton of resources online that have instructions and pics of the steps (something I forgot to take).