Pages

Thursday, March 12, 2009

How To: Make Office Clips

I love all things organizational - baskets, boxes, clips, etc. I stumbled across these great Studio Clips and Mateo Ilasco Clips from See Jane Work and knew that I could make something similar for less.


The only thing I purchased was a pack of clothespins from the Dollar Store. I gathered paper scraps I had around the house, three round tags edged in silver, small foam mounting squares, a foam paint brush and Mod Podge from my craft supplies.

1. Cut the decorative paper scraps to size so they would fit on top of the clothespins.


2. Apply a thin layer of Mod Podge on the clothespin, place the paper on top and then cover the paper with a thicker layer of Mod Podge.

3. Cut blue circles from three different blue paper scraps and glue the circles inside the round tags.

4. Label the tags: Pay, File, Send.

5. Attach two small mounting squares on the top edge of each clothespin and then attach a round tag to each.

You can also do these without the labels and use fun different colored papers. You could even attach a small magnet to the back to use in the kitchen or on magnetic boards

Total cost of project: $1 for the clothespins

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!