Pages

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Front Entrance Revamped

I took advantage of the nice weather this weekend to also work on the front porch. Remember the nasty rusty holes in my cement?

They have been filled in and painted over.

It took two trips to Home Depot to get the right shade of beige for the cement but I'm thrilled with the results when you compare it to what I started with! I wanted something subtle that tied into the siding color but I didn't want it to match the siding completely (I was going for a shade or two lighter). Since the porch gets a lot of foot traffic I used Behr's Porch and Floor Paint so that it can withstand the wear.

A new plant holder from HomeGoods, a door mat from Cost Plus World Market, a windchime from Cost Plus World Market, pots and flowers dress up the porch.

I painted terra cotta pots with the red samples I got for the front door and filled them with fun, purple spring-like flowers.

The windchime was on clearance at Cost Plus World Market. I love the mix of wood and stone.

Another doormat from Cost Plus World Market. I went for something a little brighter than I usually get to add a little flair to the entrance.


The last step will be to paint the door...Red Red Wine. I bought the paint last weekend but had to hold off on account of the storm. Hopefully I can get the doors painted next weekend!

2 comments:

Thanks for stopping by!