Pages

Thursday, May 14, 2009

More on Garden Carts

I originally wanted a garden cart that serves dual purposes - to go to the Farmers Market (FM)and also lug around heavy stuff in my yard (bags of compost being at the top of that list). I bought a garden cart from Sears last night but after getting it home J and I decided that it was large...so large that it will not fit into my backseat when fully assembled. So I decided that maybe I'd just get a kid's wagon. I found one at Wal-Mart for a fraction of the cost of the Radio Flyer wagons since Craigslist came up empty. Eh...I'm not impressed.

Then I decided that I want one of these dumping garden carts. Nope, can't take it to the FM with me since it is large but it would make yard work so much easier. Then I started thinking, how often do I really lug bags of dirt around? I mean, after this spring I shouldn't need to do it again. I could also go the route of a simple wheelbarrow at a fraction of the cost of the dumping carts if I was just going to use it for yard work.

Remember the folding garden cart I wanted that was $200 from ACE Hardware? They have them at Costco for $90. Oh how I dream of having this cart since it is cool and FOLDS and would make my trips to the Farmer's Market incredibly easy. Maybe it is a good thing that I do not have a Costco membership.

Look how tiny

4 comments:

  1. Wow, for just $90! Go get a Costco membership! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great find! Have fun on Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw an ad yesterday for Aco that has a folding cart for $49.95 this week on sale. You may want to check it out!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!