Pages

Monday, May 11, 2009

Reusable lunch bags

In my effort to rid my home of plastic I made another small purchase on Friday afternoon. While I spent $ upfront, I will save loads over years of not buying plastic baggies for lunches and I'll also do my part for the environment since I'll no longer be throwing plastic baggies in the trash.


I already have a reusable lunch bag that I take my lunch to work in, RuMe reusable bags for shopping and reusable produce bags that I purchased from Etsy last year. During my lunch break on Friday I decided to see what Etsy had in terms of reusable lunch bags. I certainly was not disappointed! I fell in love with quite a few styles but ultimately purchased some bags (one sandwich bag and one snack bag) from greenstreetbags. I liked that their snack bags could stand up and would fit some more unique shaped objects vs. the flat bags. All bags are made with 100% designer cotton fabric and lined with water resistant Nylon that is BPA-, Lead- and Phthalates-free. I can't wait for them to get here so I can start using them! Who could resist these beauties?



Since they are lined with nylon you can just shake them out or wipe them down to clean them. You can also throw them in the wash if you want but it is not necessary each time you use it.

Other Etsy sellers that had reusable baggies that I loved:

1 comment:

  1. Those are a great idea! I see that they come in some kid-friendly patterns as well, and I think they would be great for all the school lunches I'll end up packing next year for Ava!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!