Pages

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Basement Organization: Part 5

The next section of my basement to get organized and cleaned was the craft corner. I make greeting cards and do a small amount of scrap booking so I have a bit of craft supplies to say the least. I went through my supplies and purged the things that were old or that I didn't use and didn't foresee using in the near future and then set to work putting together my new cabinet and loading it up!

Craft corner before:
I used to have a wire rolling rack for under my bed but I disassembled it long ago and used part of it on the wall to hang my craft scissors. My motto is to reuse what you've got! A small garbage can corrals gift wrap and plastic drawers organize scrap paper, tools and stamps.

Craft corner after:
The new cabinet gave me an extra shelf (the top of the cabinet) for more storage space. I hung some cork panels on the inside of the doors to hang ideas and inspiration for new layouts/cards.
The top shelf holds ribbons and adhesives while the second shelf stores paper and stickers. I sorted the sticker folders with a lid rack that you would normally use in the kitchen.
Not one to waste shelving I moved my old white shelving that was in this section to the space under the stairs to better organize my paints and extra household supplies.
Before:
After:

Yes, all of those paint colors are actually found in or on my house!

The basement is now completely organized! Next up, figuring out whether to drywall or hang panelling that I can paint since I'm tired of looking at cinder block walls.

1 comment:

  1. H-
    You should see the pictures of my Craft Room - GREAT WORK! I would love to see some of your cards or scrapbook pages since I make cards and scrapbook as well.
    Nicole~
    nicoleshoes@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!