Pages

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Fencing you in

My house has two types of fencing - white, wood picket fence and chain link fence. The picket fence is along the sidewalk, driveway and front of the house while the chain link divides my yard from both of my neighbors (behind and to the right).

I love my little white picket fence except that being on a corner lot it doesn't provide any privacy. I can't even tell you how many times I've almost flashed the neighbors when I've gone outside on my back patio in my towel. The other problem is that it is wood, which requires maintenance. I've already painted the fence once and the paint is chipping off some pieces and mildew is forming on others. The bottom of the fence takes a beating between the lawn mower and the weed wacker so I'm wondering what I should do.

I started checking out other people's fences and looked online at vinyl fencing. I love the idea of white vinyl since it does not require maintenance, it looks fresh and clean and I can upgrade to a privacy fence. Here are some options from Home Depot:




Or I could go with a new picket fence:

I'm not sure when or if I'll get a new fence but I'm definitely thinking about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!