Pages

Thursday, June 4, 2009

Front Entrance: FINISHED

I finally got around to painting the front entry door to my home. The Michigan spring weather was not cooperating and I was out-of-town a few weekends so when last weekend was sunny and I was here I decided to buckle down and get it painted. I'm thrilled with the results.

Before:
athomewithh_front_before2  
After:
athomewithh_front_closeup

I left some of the white trim around the window since it was just too dark and red with it all red.

athomewithh_frontdoor_red 
athomewithh_front_entrance_finalI normally hang wreaths on the front door with those removable hooks but I'm scared I'll mess up the finish so I haven't hung my wreath back up yet. :) The red really pops against the beige house and I think the black complements it well. Another project can be crossed off the to-do list!

6 comments:

  1. Wow! That looks great!!! Love the red front door!! It really brings out your porch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your house is just darling! And red was definitely a good choice for the front door. Cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much, everyone! I still smile every time I come home and see my cheery red door.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the rounded brick used for the porch sooo nice!And of course everyone is correct in saying the red door makes the house good choice!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!