Pages

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

It's Gettin' Hot in Here

With the MI temperatures steadily rising I've sadly had to turn on my AC. A girl with curly hair (that gets out of control in the heat and humidity) can only go so long without the AC on. Prior to giving in to the AC this week I was using floor fans and the ceiling fan in my bedroom to cool the house down. I've realized two things: 1) I want a remote for the fan in my bedroom and 2) the guest room should have a ceiling fan, too.


I know, I know...ceiling fans are ugly and not nearly as cool as, say, a capiz chandelier (oh how I hope to bring one of those home from the UP for the office - my parents' is ORIGINAL and not mass produced from US stores) but they serve a great purpose - they cool down a room pretty quickly. I love the ceiling fan in my bedroom and think I should give my guests the same comfort. So the ceiling fan hunt is on.


My ceilings are white (obviously) and I like for things to blend in so I'm looking for a simple, white ceiling fan. I think the one in my bedroom is 40-some-inches but most that I find online are 52" or greater - my small rooms do not need a fan of that size. I like the Harbor Breeze44" White Weston II Ceiling Fan but of course it is not sold at any Lowes near me.

I also like the Hunter50" 5 Minute White Ceiling Fan but once again - not at my Lowes and I think it may be too big. What gives, Lowes?!?

So the ceiling fan hunt is still going strong though I'm not in a huge hurry to get one since like I said, I wimped out and turned on the AC. (You could never tell I used to be a Georgia Peach since I'm such a wimp when it comes to hot temps and humidity.)

I'm also going to purchase a fan remote that says it can be used to transform any ceiling fan into a remote control-operated beast. Oh how my life would be so much easier if I didn't have to actually climb on my bed to turn on/off the fan in the middle of the night.

4 comments:

  1. remote controlled fans rock! I've got remotes for the fan in my living room and bedroom. It complicates installation some, but it's totally worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They sell little gadgets that are pretty simple to make your ceiling fan remote controlled? Or, is "simple" the key word and it actually involves taking it down and putting it back up (I live in an apt and can't do that)?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The fan we installed in our bedroom is remote control. It rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute house, I know you are having fun decorating your home. http://www.teatimeconsultants.blogspot.com

    If you ever want some lace home accessories, Tea Time Consultants can help!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!