Pages

Thursday, July 16, 2009

The battle continues

I came home to this the other day:

In case you can't tell that is a long hole in my backyard with grass that has been torn up from around the yard lying on top of it.

The culprit? This girl:
I fight with the Momma Rabbit every year since every year I come home to find holes in my backyard and later baby bunnies that eat my plants. What I don't understand is why she makes her den in the middle of the backyard rather than under a bush where it would be more protected and would be in the shade versus directly in the sun. What I hate is that I generally step right into the hole (before babies are in there!) when I mow the lawn and twist my ankle.

Any advice or suggestions (other than a gun!) on how to rid myself of this rabbit problem? I've tried traps and rather than catching rabbits I caught large squirrels and an opossum.

1 comment:

  1. You can borrow my dog:) She's a bird dog, but since we haven't actually taught her to hunt, she wants to hunt birds, rabbits, and squirrels. It doesn't matter to her, she just chases them all!

    Actually, you could probably put Sami outside and scare the rabbit, she looks a little big for a cat to catch, but it might run her off.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!