Pages

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Easy DIY Projects

Pier 1 has their summer clearance event going on right now and I bought some great things for my home (to be shown later). While perusing their site I saw some things that you could easily make yourself so I thought I'd feature a few here.

Herb Marker Terracotta Stones

Danielle over at The Newlywed's Paradise did exactly what I was thinking (though she added cute pictures, too). You can find rocks from your yard and label them yourself. Easy.

Boxed Matches

Buy a box of matches from the grocery or dollar store. Cut a piece of a map (decorative paper, picture, whatever!) to wrap around box and then either glue or decopage the map onto the match box.

Terracotta Pot with Chalk

Buy a terracotta pot and chalkboard paint from any hardware store. Apply the paint to any portion of the pot you want to turn into a chalkboard. You can then use the left over paint to turn other things into chalkboards - kitchen cabinet doors, a wall in your office, a frame, whatever.

1 comment:

  1. Awww...Thanks for the love Heather! Btw, I saw those chalk pots and thought this was a genious idea!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!