Pages

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

DIY Tools

Every DIY-er should have basic tools at home:

  • Adjustable wrenches
  • Screwdrivers
  • Hammer
  • Allen wrenches
  • Mask/protective eye wear
  • Drill/Driver
  • Sander or sandpaper
  • Paint brushes
  • Pliers - adjusting, needle nose, ANY!
  • Tape measure
  • Utility knife, straight razors
The following tools are some that I use constantly and couldn't live without:

Miter Box - for cutting trim. I've used mine to cut all of the quarter round trim in the house, cut trim for the kitchen and cut trim for the bathroom mirror makeover


Drill/Driver (Bosch 12V Max Litheon 3/8" Drill/Driver) - for all your drilling and screw driving needs. I love the power of this baby! I've used it to drill holes for everything, hang pictures/wall art, install the cat door, assemble furniture, etc.


Electric Sander (Black & Decker Mouse) - fits in the palm of my hand and is perfect for all your sanding needs (furniture, shelving, fencing)

Staple Gun (PowerShot) - I've had mine for nine years and still love it. This uses either staples or brads so you can do pretty much anything with it - install trim, reupholster furniture, create a headboard, etc.

3 comments:

  1. Oh I need to get a staple gun! I'm planning on getting a new desk and want to pair it with a thrift store chair that has a recovered seat. Thanks for reminding me of what to put on my shopping list! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't tell you how many times my mouse sander has saved my butt! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post. I'm totally tool-less and I need a place to start!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!