Pages

Thursday, August 6, 2009

Love/Hate Relationship

I have a love/hate relationship with Method cleaning products. In my effort to replace all toxic cleaners in my home with natural, biodegradable cleaners I swapped out 99% of my cleaners for those made by Method since I loved the scents, options and greenness of them.

The products I love include:

1 - Multi-surface cleaner (cucumber) - I use this mainly in the kitchen to wipe down the counters every night after doing dishes or when there are spills

2 - Dish soap (cucumber) - I have been a loyal Dawn user since I graduated college but I recently made the switch and am happy thus far

3- glass candle - love that these burn cleanly (no black soot!); are made of soy, palm and coconut oils; and the scents are great (I have a few different ones in my house)

4 - Hand soap (sweet water) - love the scent (though this one is hard to find), love the way it cleans my hands and I love that it kills germs

The products I hate include:

1-lil' bowl blu (eucalyptus mint) - while the scent is nice, it doesn't stick to the bowl and the cleaner just slides to the bottom. I also notice that I have to clean the bowl more often than when I used other toilet bowl cleaners. Serious FAIL.

2- tub n' tile bathroom cleaner (eucalyptus mint) - again, nice scent since it doesn't overwhelm you when you spray it all over the tub/shower. The cleaning power is sub par however since it doesn't clean mildew AT.ALL. (I had to go back to Tilex this week - I just spray and leave the house. When I come home the mildew and smell are gone.) Serious FAIL for this product.

Other products I've tried and like but am not completely sold on yet include:

1- bamboo aroma ring - smells great but I don't smell anything after a few days which could just be my nose being used to the scent

2 - Flushable bathroom cleaner wipes (eucalyptus mint) - these do a good job cleaning the counter but in this container they don't stay moist like they would if they sold this in an actual canister.

3- wood for good surface cleaner - smells great but leaves a slick feeling on wood (I spray the cleaner on a microfiber cloth and then wipe the furniture with the cloth and still get a slightly slick feeling)

Have any of you tried Method's products? Which ones do you love/hate?

3 comments:

  1. I use Mr. Clean magic erasers for cleaning the bathroom and almost everything else in this house. They are the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mr. Clean erasers are great for marks on the walls/doors! I use them for some other cleaning needs but not that often. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the stainless steel wipes!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!