Pages

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Mirror, Mirror on the Wall

The only mirror in the bathroom is the one attached to the door for the medicine cabinet. I've looked high and low to find an interesting mirror to replace the existing plain one with but I can't find anything the correct size. So, for $4 in trim and some white paint I had in the house I added a little detail to the existing mirror to beef it up a little.

Before:



After:


Before:


After:


Close-up of detail:

When the door is open:

I simply bought some trim from Home Depot and using my trusty miter box I cut each piece at 45 degree angles so they fit together. I then used finishing nails to nail the trim to the wall, caulked the cracks and then gave it two coats of semi gloss white paint. I like how it makes the mirror seem larger almost like a picture.

2 comments:

Thanks for stopping by!