Pages

Monday, October 5, 2009

Home Decor: Man vs. Woman

I own my own home and thus decorate it the way I like. J also owns his own house and what little decoration he has, well, let's just say it is 180 degrees from what I like. His home decor tastes are a lot like his food tastes - the more ethnic and off-the-wall the better. Me? I'm vanilla. I am a steak/burger kind of girl. And my home decor? Beige and white with splashes of color (think classic vs. ethnic).

I'm trying to help him pick out a new shower curtain and couldn't help but laugh at how different we are.

His choice:



My choice:

His bathroom is pretty typical one for our area - 3x3 tile up most of the wall in a pastel pink. Hideous. I figured going with something clean and simple would be nice since the room has enough personality on its own. How do you deal with gently coaxing your significant other into choosing what you know looks better - especially if you plan on living together at some point down the line?

2 comments:

  1. Janis Dickson - Glasgow, ScotlandOctober 6, 2009 at 3:29 AM

    If you don't live together then don't really try to change his taste.......however if you are planning on moving in together then it's time to "coax" him gently round to your way of thinking. I too am a burger/steak girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to say that I agree with you o the shower curtain choice, but I d have to say that his pick is pretty cool- but I wouldn't use it either! Persistent charm should win him over to going your way!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!