Pages

Friday, January 22, 2010

Craigslist Finds

I bought some great old wooden folding chairs from Craigslist for a steal - $12 for four chairs.  Sure they needed some TLC but as soon as I saw the ad I knew I had to have them.  I don’t currently need folding chairs but they are nice to have on hand for gatherings and I just loved the detail on the backs.  The seller pointed out the trouble spots but I could see beyond the broken veneer, ripped vinyl seats and stained legs.

IMG_2653

IMG_2654

IMG_2656

IMG_2657   

I have grand plans for these chairs.  They had some trouble areas but the chairs were still pretty sturdy and like I said, they just needed some TLC. Stay tuned for steps on upholstering the chairs and how I fixed the other cosmetic issues.

5 comments:

  1. LOVE the character and I forsee some white paint!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the chairs!
    And LOVE craiglist :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, I love the bone structure! Can't wait to see what you do with these :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun!
    I drool over CL in your area - we have absolute crap on our CL :( and if I do find something decent it's generally located about 1 hour away (which makes me rethink the purchase).

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!