Pages

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Revamping a Table

When I bought the fabric for the folding chairs I also purchased a yard of white vinyl.  I thought about saving it for a future project but after a trip to the basement I knew what I wanted to do with it.  Remember this table?

IMG_2697 It used to be used in the storage space in the basement but it’s new job will be to serve as my craft table when needed.  It’s a bit dark for my taste so I decided to give it a little makeover of its own. Why let the chairs have all the fun?!?

I simply ironed the vinyl (wrong side up) to smooth out any creases, removed the table top (which was held in place by what seemed like a thousand screws), stapled the white vinyl around the top and then reattached the top to the legs.  Seriously, this was a 20 minute project.

IMG_2698 I love the mix of white and black. The white top makes the table seem larger and just gives it a new, fresh life that it didn’t have before.  When I use this at parties now I won’t have to cover the top since I love the white vinyl.   Total cost for this project - $6.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!