Pages

Monday, April 5, 2010

Blue Splash

I love white linens.  Can’t get enough of ‘em.  However, I decided that my bed needed another dose of blue to brighten things up a bit (blame it on the rain…yeah, yeah).  I found some great pillowcases at TJ Maxx that I thought would be a great addition to my bedroom.  I love the reversible feel to them and the colors are a perfect compliment to my room.

IMG_3071 IMG_3072 (sorry the colors seem a bit ‘off’ but taking a picture of white objects without the flash doesn’t seem to work well in my bedroom and using the flash makes everything too harsh)

I layered the pillows with the colorful ones  in the back to break up all the white I had with the white headboard and white linens.

IMG_3077 Before:

IMG_0800

After:

IMG_3084 IMG_3081 Even Sami seems to approve.

IMG_3078 I love that the pillowcases ($4) don’t exactly match the rug but rather compliment it.  Having everything be the same shade of blue is boring – mix things up and use complimentary colors rather than exact matches.

2 comments:

  1. Don't you just love when you find something simple, cheap and fabulous to give a room that little punch that it needed? We love TJ Maxx, too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!