Pages

Friday, April 30, 2010

DIY Towel Rack

On a recent trip to Michaels I found some great items in their dollar bins. 

IMG_3289 Grey and white striped knobs, small note cards, initial rub-on transfers, grey and white striped pencils and fun tape

I knew exactly where I’d use the knobs – I wanted to make a simple towel rack in the basement laundry nook.  I had some extra baseboard trim lying around so I cut a piece of trim to size using my new 10” Skilsaw miter saw (my birthday present from J).

IMG_3301IMG_3298 I then painted the trim with the sample paint that I used in the living space in the basement. Finally I drilled holes, screwed in the knobs and hung the rack on the wall using Command hangers.

IMG_3305IMG_3307 Total cost of the project was $3 for the knobs.  I wanted to bring in the yellow and gray from the main living space into the laundry nook and this was a quick and easy way to do so. 

1 comment:

  1. Don't you love the $1 bin at Michaels? I pick up stuff all year round to use for stocking stuffers and small hostess gifts. Love your towel rack!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!