Pages

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

For the Birds

We all know about my love of birds; perhaps it stems from having a Cockatiel when I was younger.  I recently bought some white ceramic bird napkin holders from an antique store in Michigan’s Upper Peninsula (I think I even squealed when I saw them).  What I didn’t realize until I got them home was that there were three holders each of  two different birds.   I love how crisp and spring-like they look with these great napkins from Target.

IMG_3243

IMG_3244 IMG_3246 I also found a great pair of birds from the Salvation Army.  These were originally brass but I painted them glossy white this weekend.

IMG_3255 IMG_3260 (I still need to hide the cords in this room!)

This weekend was so gorgeous I spent some time outside spray painting a few other things that I’ll share with you in the coming week.  Yes, more was painted white but one item was painted….black!  You just died of shock didn’t you.

1 comment:

  1. Speaking of birds, I found these this morning and now want to redo my bathroom theme:

    http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/product.asp?order_num=-1&sku=122391&

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!