Pages

Friday, April 23, 2010

You Can’t Handle the Truth

Oh, how I love A Few Good Men, but not as much as I love my new handlebar bike bag!  I ordered two bags from REI on Monday after I posted about wanting a new handlebar bag for my bike.  The order confirmation said I’d get them on April 28th so imagine my surprise when I had a box waiting for me on my front porch today.  As soon as I opened the box I knew which bag I’d go with but I wanted to put them both on the bike to see how they looked. 

The Timbuk2 Handlebar Bag was up first. 

IMG_3350 IMG_3349 Then I tried out the po campo Handlebar Bag. (I just realized I put it on backwards but look – it can go either way!)

IMG_3346IMG_3348 The Timbuk2 would fit a lot but it seemed too overwhelming for the bike.  I also didn’t like that it completely covered my headlight or how it attached (with velcro).  The clear winner was the po Campo – I loved the color (I’ve been looking for a butter yellow purse), loved the size, it feels more secure on the bike, it doesn’t obscure my light and it just looks damn cute on and off the bike as well.  It was double the price but I’ve already justified it in my head so I’m okay with that.  Plus I used my REI dividend on it so really the cost was minimal for me.

IMG_3347

Now J and I can go to the bar ice cream parlor with no worries.

3 comments:

Thanks for stopping by!