Pages

Monday, May 24, 2010

Going to the Market

J and I recently started our weekend trips to the Eastern Market in Detroit.  For the past two years we’ve gone every Saturday that we are in town (starting in late April) so I’m excited to continue the tradition this year.  On our first trip I brought home some Coleus, Begonias, herbs and a grape tomato plant.  I am in love with Begonias this year!

IMG_3399 IMG_3401IMG_3404 IMG_3403 This past weekend, my mom was in town so she made the trip with us (her first trip to Eastern Market!).  She was amazed at how many vendors there were and how many beautiful flowers we already have since she lives in the U.P. where Spring is just hitting.  I brought home some cut flowers that are gracing my dining table and living room.  I can’t remember what these are called but I love them (I was looking for peonies but they didn’t  have any yet).

IMG_3389IMG_3390 IMG_3391 The only bummer?  These flowers don’t smell!  At least they are beautiful to look at.  Has anyone else hit up their local farmers markets lately?  Are you as excited as I am for fresh fruit, veggies and flowers?

1 comment:

  1. It's definitely time to put the Farmers' Market back on my Saturday morning to do list. I love bringing home fresh produce and making something wonderful for dinner. Beautiful flowers!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!