Pages

Thursday, May 6, 2010

House Tour: Laundry Nook

I finally got around to painting the laundry nook and bringing in some of the yellow, black and gray colors from the main living space of the basement. It started with the new towel rack that I made from some old trim and $1 knobs from Michaels.

Then I painted the space the same white (White on White by Glidden) that was used in the rest of the house.  I brought in some great inexpensive yellow rugs from HomeGoods, a Great Lakes Ork poster (that I’ve been wanting for a couple of years) and a solid black poster frame.

IMG_3314

IMG_3335

Here's the finished space:

IMG_3333 IMG_3334

The ironing board cover may look familiar – I took it off the chair that was in the main living space in the basement and moved it here since I got a new chair to use in that space. The other ironing board cover I was using wouldn’t stay on so it was an easy decision to just use this one here (plus it adds another dash of yellow to the space to keep it all cohesive).

This was an easy upgrade that didn’t break the bank:

paint = $0 (already had)

rugs = $6 each

poster = $25

frame = $25

ironing board cover = $5

Has anyone else made over a room on the cheap?

4 comments:

  1. I actually redid our laundry area for about $40 in the beginning of the year! Feels good to snag the deals and make an impression!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where did you get that MI print? Love it, I live in Sterling Heights!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Emily!

    The MI print is from ORK posters.http://www.orkposters.com/greatlakes.html

    It also comes in blue and brown. Hope that helps!
    ~Heather

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!