Pages

Friday, May 28, 2010

Itso easy

I have a small addiction to flip flops.  With any small addiction, comes storage problems.  My hall closet is where most of my shoes live with the exception of heels – they are in labeled, clear boxes in the guest bedroom closet.  Previously flip flops were simply shoved under the white metal shoe rack that I have in the closet.  That is – until now. 

I’ve been looking for a long tray, basket or box to fit under the metal shoe rack to hold my flip flops so that they are organized and easier to root through to find the perfect pair to wear.  I didn’t want to spend more than $10 so a basket was out since they are a little more expensive for the size I wanted…that is, if I could even find the size I wanted (about 3” high x 28” long).  I found some melamine trays at Target for around $13 but I wasn’t sold on them.   Then the other day, when wandering aimlessly through Target as I sometimes do, I found the perfect solution.

I found myself in the home storage area in front of a product I’d never looked twice at before – the Itso wide tray.  These trays are meant to go in the Itso cubes but once I saw them I knew that they would be perfect for my flip flops since they were the right height, plastic (i.e. easy to clean), and only $4.99 each.

IMG_3396 IMG_3398The trays simply slide out so I can grab the shoe I want and then slide back into place.

IMG_3397  Total cost = $10.  Perfect!  Does anyone else use any of the Isto products in their home?  The Target website has an Itso builder so you can play around with their products to make the perfect storage unit.

1 comment:

  1. Ummm, do you want to come organize my shoe collection? I am insanely jealous of how put together your closest looks!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!