Pages

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Black on Black

When my mom gave me the great frame for my memo board she also gave me an old chair frame that was in their basement.  This chair used to be in my bedroom but it was broken YEARS ago by a cousin of mine and we just placed it in the basement for storage. 

IMG_3220

I decided to revamp the chair to use in the basement at my craft table since I loved the lines of the chair.  I had two issues to take care of – getting a new seat and painting the chair since the brown wouldn’t work in the basement.  To address issue 1, I bought a small sheet of plywood from Home Depot, cut it to size using a miter saw and then recovered the seat using some extra batting and fabric that I had lying around.  As for the chair color, I simply washed the chair, lightly sanded it, primed and painted the chair a satin black.

IMG_3618

As you can see, I went for a black chair and a durable black fabric for the seat (black on black if you will).  I love the chair in its new home.  It works perfectly with the decor I have in the basement.

IMG_3623IMG_3617 IMG_3620 There you have it – another chair makeover.  I love doing these but I’m running out of room for chairs in my home! 

1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by!