Pages

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Hooked!

I have a rather large hook in the kitchen that I hang my oven mitts from.  Since I am removing wine-themed items from my kitchen I decided that this had to either go or be revamped.  Being the resourceful (or cheap) person that I am, I decided to revamp it!

IMG_3686 I found some gorgeous black paper at JoAnn’s that had raised flowers on it and I immediately knew it would be perfect for this project. I cut the paper to size…

IMG_3689 …and then attached it to the plaque with spray adhesive. (the same adhesive I used when I revamped my office bookshelves)

IMG_3690 The problem was that you couldn’t see the gorgeous pattern unless you were close to the hook. My mom taught me a trick years ago where you lightly rub ink over a raised pattern to make it pop so I tried it with a light gray ink. 

IMG_3691 Before

IMG_3694

After

The flowers really pop now and the hook looks amazing in the kitchen.

IMG_3698 IMG_3700 Total cost of the project for me was $.50 for the paper.  I already owned the hook, spray adhesive and ink.  The hook looks a little antique to me now and we all know how much I love antiques.

1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by!