Pages

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Seat or Stool?

When I visited my parents over the Fourth of July weekend I came home with a chair that used to be in their bedroom.  I loved this chair as a kid since it was my dad’s and he used to put his military hats or garments on it after work. The chair has seen better days so I’m trying to decide what to do with it.

IMG_3676 I was thinking I might turn it into a footstool since the seat is really low – too low for me to get in and out of comfortably.

IMG_3680I can easily remove the back from the bottom, paint the legs and recover the seat. 

IMG_3677  If I had a kid’s room, this would be perfect in it as a chair.  I’m thinking I may go the stool route for my bedroom but I’m still not sure. The fun part is picking fabric to cover the cushion.  Amazon.com has a ton of options when you search for ‘fabric by the yard.’  Here are just a few fun geometric prints that I found:

cadence kaufmannsorbet

oskarsea waverly

So, seat or stool?

1 comment:

  1. I have to go with keep it as a chair. But use it as an occasional table with a stack of interesting books. And then when you have a kiddo you can use it as the perfect little chair in their room :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!