Pages

Friday, July 16, 2010

Television in the Bedroom?

I read somewhere that the bedroom is for sleeping, relaxing and getting romantic only.  You shouldn’t have a television in the bedroom since it takes away from these activities.  I have to disagree. I love having a television in my bedroom since I watch it in there when I’m sick, when I’m decompressing from the day and getting ready for bed (hello, Chelsea Lately!), and recently when I’m too depressed to leave the home to do much else. 

IMG_3684Since J and I broke up I’ve been spending an insane amount of time in my home. You’d think I would use this time to get things done around the house but no, I spend it watching reruns of The Hills and other terrible TV.

My television is a small 13” set that sits on top of my dresser so I have to lie on my side or turn my head to watch it from the bed.  I’d love to someday get a small flat panel TV that I can mount on the wall straight ahead of my bed like these:

tvbedroomSource: unknown brooklynlimestone Source: Brooklyn Limestone

Do any of you have a TV in the bedroom or is it forbidden?  Do tell.

4 comments:

  1. First off, I am very very sorry to hear about your break up. They are never easy at all.

    We have a TV in our bedroom, but I don't find that we watch it that much. So I like to keep it small. I don't think it takes away from the mood of the room at all though. What I am not a fan off is a TV in every room.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have one in my bedroom and I do the same. I love watching TV in bed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. -im sorry about your break up.
    - tv = necessity in my bedroom, when i was growing up my mother never let us have tv's and if she had her way we wouldn't have had the ONE the house and i LOVE tv so now i have my own home i insist on having one in my room...she doesn't approve. lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love having a tv in my room. I set the timer, and at some point fall asleep-much better than always crashing on the couch.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!