Pages

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

More Milk!

When I was home for the Fourth of July I visited my favorite antique store and came home with some fun new milk glass. I found these bowls for around $2 each.

IMG_3794 What I really liked about these are the bottoms:

IMG_3795I also fell in love with a blue bowl at Easter and hoped that they still had the bowl when I was home this time.  Luckily for me it was still there and in the same exact location!  I love the ripple effect of the glass.

IMG_3781  IMG_3786 I also found some new pieces at my local Salvation Army.  These were $1 and $1.50 each.  The larger compote is with my collection in the dining room and the smaller one holds toothpicks in the kitchen.

IMG_3787 IMG_3813 IMG_3814Finding pieces at the thrift store is much cheaper than the antique store but I’m finding that they are hard to locate! 

2 comments:

  1. I love thrifting. I seriously get a little rush from it! You found some lovely pieces. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the milk glass! You know, as SOON as I saw the bottoms of those babies, I thought... Mirrored tray...or countertop. Seriously, wouldn't that be a nice and retro way to display?!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!