Pages

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Happy Halloween!

This year I didn’t do much decorating around the house for Halloween and instead did a little fall decorating. Since I was only going to be in town for two weeks in October I didn’t feel like putting forth much effort.  I used things I already owned to come up with two small arrangements:

Small fake gourds spray painted white (idea from Young House Love) and placed on a milk glass cake stand are found on the dining room shelves: 

IMG_4160 Two fake pumpkins, some fall leaves and two candleholders are arranged on a piece of burlap laid across the dining room table:

IMG_4158 IMG_4156 I like how the candle holders, while not the same shape, balance each other out and the two pumpkins do the same. The fake leaves (a Target purchase last year) and are placed in a $1 milk glass vase from The Salvation Army.

I also swapped out the wreath on the front door but that’s it.  No live pumpkins this year and no spooky decorations – I like I like the simplicity.

1 comment:

  1. This is the perfect amount of festive!

    http://lisafergus.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!