Pages

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Put a Cap on It

I don’t even know if ‘cap’ is the proper term but that’s what I’m calling them.  I recently stained the storage tables in the basement and still needed to finish the caps on the bottoms of the front legs.  These used to be brass in color but I transformed them using some Rub ‘n Buff Silver Leaf that I had lying around.  I bought my tube at Michael’s many, many years ago (like seven or eight) and it still works!

IMG_4085

This stuff is super easy to use.  You simply apply sparingly with your finger or soft cloth. Once it is dry, you buff gently with a soft cloth. That’s it. I put some paper under each table leg and applied the Silver Leaf with my finger tip and voila – instant change.

IMG_4165

IMG_4171 This project cost me $0 and took about five minutes.  It really doesn’t get any easier than that! Anyone else use Rub ‘n Buff before?  I’ve also used it to transform mirrors and picture frames.

1 comment:

  1. I've actually never even heard of that before! How great! I bet it would be awesome on frames!!

    http://lisafergus.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!