Pages

Monday, December 6, 2010

Deck the Dining Room

In my Christmas Tree post I mentioned that I decorated my house prior to Thanksgiving.  I’m back to give you a quick glimpse at my minimal decorations (first up – the dining room and then the living room).  I don’t like to over do it on holiday decor but I do like to add a little glitter and fun around the holidays.

The dining room shelves and table were decorated with lots of red, silver and white. I kept my milk glass collection out but added some small touches like poinsettia clips, bulbs and glitter snowflakes to glam things up.

IMG_4359

IMG_4385

IMG_4386

IMG_4387 The table got a runner (clearance last year from HomeGoods), milk glass candlestick holders (.50 cents each at the Salvation Army), red mercury votive holders ($1 Target last year) and more bulbs.

IMG_4368

IMG_4369 IMG_4384 The stockings were hung with care on the wall.  If you don’t have a mantle, using removable 3M hooks is a great and cheap way to hang your stockings.

IMG_4373

Finally, the storage cabinet got some greenery, glitter birds and bulbs under glass.

IMG_4371 That’s it for the dining room.  I’ll be back with pictures of the living room, which mimics the dining room in color scheme (red, white, silver and gold).

1 comment:

  1. Love all the holiday touches all around! Looks great!

    http://stilettosanddiaperbags.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!