Pages

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

A Milk-y Light

My brother and his girlfriend bought me some new milk glass for part of my Christmas present.  One of their finds was this gorgeous old lamp.

IMG_4322 The silver-ish portions were tarnished a bit and it didn’t have a shade but I fell in love with it the instant he gave it to me.  I immediately decided to put it in the guest bedroom to replace the small bedside lamp I currently have in there.

IMG_4319 I inspected the milk glass lamp to try to determine how to attach a shade and then it hit me – I could reuse the shade from the small silver lamp. It is held onto the lamp with a metal ring that was the perfect size for the milk glass lamp. Perfect!

IMG_4321 Before I did the shade switcheroo I used Rub N’ Buff to spruce up the silver-ish parts of the lamp.  It’s a bit shinier than I wanted but it will work for now.

IMG_4331 It looks great next to the bed, is brighter than the old lamp and the best part was that the lamp and items to revamp it were all FREE.  You really can’t beat that.

IMG_4333 Anyone else have a milk glass lamp in their house? 

2 comments:

  1. I love milk glass! What a nice switch! Looks great and can't beat that price! ;)

    http://stilettosanddiaperbags.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. i do i do! BUT I am looking for a shade to fit...see my blog for the pic in my guestroom!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!