Pages

Friday, December 3, 2010

Oh Christmas Tree...

I was a little bored on the night before Thanksgiving so I decided to deck my halls with Christmas decorations – including the tree. I bought this small fake tree after Christmas last year for $12 if I remember correctly from Wal-Mart (gotta love those after-holiday sales!). It was pre-lit so all I had to do was put together the three pieces, fluff it up and then decorate.  It doesn’t get any easier.

IMG_4347

I bought a ton of red, creamy white, gold and silver balls on clearance from Target last year so I decided to use that as my color scheme for the tree. The tree is filled with balls (Target), homemade snowflakes (from Grandma), homemade cardinals (Grandma again), glittery gold snowflakes (Target), and handmade balls (Grandma again).

IMG_4334

IMG_4335

IMG_4336 I also bought some curly ornament hangers on clearance last year that I adore.  They look great on the tree and no tangles!  Run, don’t walk and buy some for yourself – you’ll thank me later.

IMG_4339

I’ve found Sami sitting underneath the tree a few times now – hopefully she doesn’t try to climb it!  I may have to secure it to the wall, hang orange peels around the lower branches or do the other cat-proof tricks!  My tree skirt is simply an old window sheer draped around the base of the tree since I don’t have a traditional skirt and I like the gauzy, white fabric.

IMG_4354 I’ll post my other holiday decor later.  I haven’t had a chance to take any pics before it gets dark out. Anyone else already decorate for Christmas?

2 comments:

Thanks for stopping by!