Pages

Friday, January 28, 2011

Makin’ a Wreath

I’ve seen everyone on blog-land making these adorable yarn wreaths with felt flowers. 
I wanted a new wreath for the front door but I didn’t want to shell out cash for one when I knew I could make a wreath myself so this tutorial was perfect!  I liked the look of the yarn wreath but I really wanted to use grapevine wreath forms that you can find at any craft store so I modified mine a bit.
IMG_4571 I used the tutorial’s instructions for making the flowers but that’s it.  I decided to buy a pick from Michael’s for $0.99 cents (I split it in half), one sheet of red felt for $.29 cents and the wreath for $3.99 – I had the hot glue gun, white felt, black felt and ribbon on hand already.  So this wreath cost me a little over $5.  You really can’t beat that! Plus I found similar wreaths after I made this one on Etsy for $40! 
IMG_4570 Close-up of the felt flowers:
IMG_4572If you want to make these here’s a tip: Check out the dollar store since they often has wreath forms and I bought a big pack of felt there a year or so ago for a buck (that’s where the black and white felt came from).  I might just make a yarn wreath now, too, since I still have some felt and I have a roll of white yarn lying around begging to be used for something.

3 comments:

  1. I was just thinking that I need a new wreath...I think I'll have to hunt down a foam wreath form :)

    Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice! Possible decorations for your brother's wedding.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!