Pages

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Simple Fixes: Door Sweeps

The backdoor to my house has a small gap between the bottom of the door and the threshold.  I finally decided that I was tired of wasting energy and having a drafty door so I bought a simple self-adhesive Door Sweep from ACE for $4 (apparently they are cheaper at Home Depot – good to know).  This provides protection against drafts, moisture, dust and insects – perfect!

Before:

IMG_4531 After:

IMG_4538

IMG_4535

Simply measure your door, cut the sweep, remove the backing and press the sweep to your door. That’s it – no drilling holes in your door!  Make sure you apply the adhesive when the door temperature is at least 40 degrees for optimal sticking.

This took five minutes, cost less than five dollars and saved me from cold toes and higher heating bills.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!