Pages

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Mini Posters Galore

I have been trying to figure out what to hang in my bedroom to change things up a bit.  I’ve had the same prints from Spain hanging for the past four or five years now so I wanted something new but cheap. On Valentines Day a post from Brooklyn Limestone caught my eye.  I immediately printed her freebie poster and put it in one of my favorite white frames from Michaels ($4 – normally $10).  LOVE.

IMG_4684 It sat propped up on my nightstand for a while until I figured out where I wanted to hang the picture. I also printed her other mini posters (also found at the link above) and put them in matching frames.  However, I decided I didn’t like them in the master bedroom.  Instead I decided to change things up in the guest bedroom to inject some more fun and color in there (my house is quickly becoming overtaken with the color blue).

IMG_3956Let me back up to tell you how I got around to adding the posters here.  I recently bought a new King sized white quilt for the master bedroom (on clearance from Marshalls for $40) so I had the old white Queen sized quilt lying around. I was a little tired with the beige in the guest room so I decided to swap out the quilts. Then I got rid of the old beige comforter that was at the foot of the bed and replaced it with a family handmade quilt that I had in my cedar chest. Voila – instant color!

IMG_4824 IMG_4821

IMG_4786

I’m not usually a quilt person since I see them as old lady-ish but I just love this pink quilt.  Even better, it had colors in it that mirrored those from the mini posters so I knew they would look great in here.  I removed the blue botanicals that I had in the room and hung up the trio of new posters in their place.

IMG_4817 The room is a little brighter and I’m digging the injection of yellow and pink into the room.  I still want to make new pillow covers for the pillows on the bed but I just haven’t gotten around to it yet.

1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by!