Pages

Friday, April 15, 2011

Another Light Post

This must be the week of the lighting posts, which is understandable since that’s all I worked on this weekend besides spring cleaning.  Again it seems that I didn’t take a before shot since I hated the old light.  Let’s pretend that this picture is of my house since this is the exact light that I just replaced.

officelight Apparently the old owners loved this type of fixture since it was in two of the bedrooms and the kitchen.  This one was the biggest of the three and probably the one I hated the most so I wasn’t sad to see it go (the kitchen light was swapped out and the guest bedroom light was transformed into a capiz chandelier).  On a recent trip to the Reuse center in Ann Arbor I found an old, simple brass chandelier for $5.  Yep – I keep finding $5 lights everywhere I go! I loved the simple shape and the price was right so it came home with me.

IMG_4729 A few coats of white spray paint later and it looks like this:

IMG_4982 IMG_4981 I love the simple fixture that cost me next to nothing.  Originally I wanted a huge drum shade in here but I decided to make the office a little more romantic and girly than the rest of the house so this chandelier fit in perfectly with my design. Stay tuned for the rest of the room.

1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by!