Pages

Friday, April 29, 2011

Re-seasoning

The other day I realized that my Cuisinart Green Gourmet cookware may need to be re-seasoned as my grilled cheese stuck to the skillet.  Being a Technical Writer I always read the books/instructions that come with items I buy but apparently I missed the part about re-seasoning my skillets twice a year.  Oops.  A quick internet search led me to the following re-seasoning instructions provided by Cuisinart.

Place the skillet in an oven preheated to 300 degrees and leave for five minutes.  Remove and allow to cool enough to apply a coating of vegetable oil.  Put back into the 300 deg. oven for 20 minutes.  Remove and wipe away any remaining oil.

I re-seasoned the two skillets I use most often and it seemed to have worked like a charm. Hopefully any future grilled cheese sandwiches will cook as easily as they had in the past now that I’ve cared for my (expensive) cookware! Lesson learned.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for this post. I love my Green Gourmet pans and, like you, didn't realize that I was supposed to re-season these each year -- so thanks for that tip!

    I'm also wondering if the re-seasoning instructions are the same as the "original" seasoning instructions. I can't seem to find that information online any more and neither of the new pans that I purchased included seasoning instructions with them!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!