Pages

Friday, April 8, 2011

Shedding Some Light

I’m almost finished with the office remodel (or really – redecorating!).  I decided that I wanted a lamp on the desk so I didn’t always have to turn on the overhead light (that I also hope to swap out soon).  I’ve been looking at HomeGoods, TJMaxx, Target and the likes for weeks for a lamp that was inexpensive and the right color.  I was striking out everywhere I went.  Granted, I found some gorgeous lights but nothing that was the coral color I coveted. 

While at HomeGoods the other day I found a beautiful embroidered coral drum lampshade that would be perfect in the space.  Although it was more than I wanted to spend ($35) I decided to grab it anyway with the knowledge that I could return it if I found something else.  Then I decided to stop at the Salvation Army to see if they had any lamp bases that I liked since they always seem to have a good selection of inexpensive lights at the SA near my house.  For just $5 I bought this:

IMG_4926 Check out the horrific shade detailing from the 70s I’m guessing:

IMG_4927Obviously I didn’t buy it for the shade.  I fell in love with the shape since it kind of reminded me of a trophy and I knew I could easily repaint it.

IMG_4928So I brought both home for around $40 (a little more than I wanted to spend but still a fair price for this lamp and shade combo).  Without further ado, here’s the shade that had me at hello. Yes, it is still wrapped in plastic and will remain that way until I decide without a doubt to keep it.

IMG_4925 IMG_4923

Much better!  The more I look at the lamp the more I fall in love with it.  Originally I wanted a coral base and a white shade but I’m thinking the opposite is just as pretty.  You’ll just have to wait to see what I decide to do and how it fits in with the rest of the room.

1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by!