Pages

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Blah to Black

In November 2009 I repaired my exterior foundation cracks and the house has remained that way until late April of this year.  Since I have flowerbeds along three sides of my house and I live in Michigan where the weather changes at the drop of a hat, finding time to paint my house’s foundation has been nearly impossible. I didn’t want to do it when the flowers were in full bloom since I didn’t want to have to deal with them getting in the way and I also couldn’t do it when it was too cold or when it was raining. That leaves a very small window of opportunity.

I took a day off of work at the end of April to just get it done and I’m glad I did since the house looks new! The power of a paint never ceases to amaze me. First I power washed the house, scraped any peeling paint and then painted with a brush and roller the entire foundation. The painting took me about three hours and less than a gallon of low luster outdoor cement paint.

Here are some before pictures:

IMG_2257 IMG_0010 IMG_2258

And the gorgeous after pictures:

foundation_athomewithh

foundation2_athomewithh

deadbush_athomewithh Let’s discuss my dead bush. One day it was alive…the next it was dead. Seriously – I didn’t even notice its demise. I bought a replacement bush that is much smaller to put in its place so hopefully I’ll do that this weekend. Also, let’s talk about what a pain in the a$$ it was to paint under the overhangs both in the front and back of the house.  I had to crawl under the overhang (seen above) and paint the foundation while lying on my side…with a brush…and a roller…when I could barely move my arms. It sucked. Don’t do it.

Taking a day off to prepare and paint was well worth it since my house has never looked better.  It is about time the exterior got some lovin’.

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful such a difference just made the house look cleaner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks really nice and the flowers are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!