Pages

Friday, June 10, 2011

Friday Finds

I’ve been purchasing gifts for myself and others on Etsy lately.  I can’t express how much I love that site! Let’s take a look.

For Mother’s Day I bought my mom this awesome plyboo cutting board in the shape of her birth state of West Virginia from AHeirloom. They let you place a carved heart at any city so I chose Morgantown since that’s where my mother grew up. I really want to get the Michigan or California one for myself…or maybe I’ll get the W.VA since I have so many great memories from there as well.  I haven’t decided yet.

wva_AHeirloom

I bought myself this awesome state bird and flower print of California (my birth state) from dutchdoor. The colors match the office perfectly so I placed it inside of an IKEA frame I had lying around. It now resides on my bookshelves.

cali_dutchdoor

Sami keeps ruining her collars. The nylon ones from pet stores suck since her nails get caught in the fibers when she’s scratching and the next thing you know the collar is falling apart. I bought a three pack of collars from FatCatCollars– two for Sami and one for Callie, my parents’ cat. So far it has held up great and I love that part of her proceeds go towards an animal shelter in her home.  You can choose which pattern you want and the color of the bell. The ones pictured aren’t what I got since mine are no longer on her site since I bought them but you get the idea (wait – the middle one is the one my mom requested for her cat).

collars_fatcatcollars I stopped at KMart the other day to see if they had Mosquito Dunks for my rain barrel and found this beautiful citronella candle instead.

outdoorcandle_athomewithh

That wraps up this week’s finds. 

2 comments:

  1. I can't remember the last time I was in a KMart but I just may have to visit one because I really like that candle holder!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love my West Virginia! Heather gets me the best gifts!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!